Thursday, June 13, 2013

CANARY Got Kirkused


Kirkus Reviews posted their review of CANARY on Friday.  I've always felt like this was one of the major rites of passage to writing your first book...getting "Kirkused."

While you have to have a subscription to read what they wrote, my marketing department gave me a sneak peek.  I was pretty happy with my review (especially since I've read some pretty harsh reviews from them).  

You'll be able to read it when it's made public two weeks before CANARY's release, but in the meantime, here's what they made visible on the site to everyone...

The first line of the review:

In an engrossing, carefully unfolding drama, sophomore Kate Franklin adjusts to a new school, a powerful set of friends and a family that is falling apart.

The summary quote:

"Overall, a sophisticated, evocative portrait of a teen girl finding her place among peers and family. (Fiction. 14-18)"


3 comments:

Jeigh said...

That's a great review! Congratulations!

YA Guy said...

Unless the part of the review they're not showing says something horrible (which I doubt), that sounds like a terrific review. Congratulations!

Ashera barbara said...


I say many thanks to the father of the website admin I read this, because at this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Obat Kaki Cantengan
Obat Benjolan Di Miss V
Pengobatan Autoimun Herbal