Wednesday, May 15, 2013

INSOMNIA Blog Hop



I'm excited to be a stop on J. R. Johannson's blog hop for her forthcoming book INSOMNIA (and to give you the chance to enter to win her awesome contest).  J. R. is a fellow Lucky 13s member, and I can't wait to read her book!



Her eyes saved his life. Her dreams released his darkness.

After four years of sleeplessness, high school junior Parker Chipp can’t take much more. Every night, instead of sleeping, he enters the dreams of the last person he’s made eye contact with. If he doesn’t sleep soon, Parker will die.

Then he meets Mia. Her dreams, calm and beautifully uncomplicated, allow him blissful rest that’s utterly addictive. But what starts out as a chance meeting turns into an obsession; Parker’s furious desire for what he needs pushes him to extremes he never thought he’d go. And when someone begins terrorizing Mia with twisted death threats, Parker’s memory blackouts leave him doubting his own innocence.

I decided to ask J. R. a bunch of questions about the opposite of insomnia...sleep!  

Are you a night owl or morning bird? 
Oh...I'm a night owl through and through. I can barely function before noon.

What imaginary things used to scare you in the dark when you were young? 
I was more afraid of reality than monsters. For me, it was always the stranger in the closet or the kidnapper outside the window. Not sure if I was too wise or just lacked imagination. ;-)

If you can remember dreams, what's the strangest one you ever remember having (or it could be your scariest, if you want)? 
One wacky dream I've had a few times was that I fell off a cliff and was plummeting toward an ocean, but when I hit it, it was like a trampoline and I bounced back up to the cliff. I panted and caught my breath for a minute...and then I jumped off again.

Do you like to sleep with the TV on or off? Music? Fan? 
I'm a big proponent of white noise, so I use a fan religiously--but it isn't a real fan, it's from a white noise maker on my phone.

Do you like it cold in the room when you're sleeping or warm? 
I'd rather sleep freezing cold and with lots of blankets. I don't know why.

Where is the strangest place you've ever slept? 
In college, I worked for an airline and I got stuck in an airport overnight. But they didn't have flights at night and closed the airport, and I was a poor college student with no money for a hotel...so I slept on the grass outside the airport. It was actually kind of fun. Like camping with no provisions...or anything else.

When does your alarm go off in the morning?
7:30...but only because I have to help get my kids off to school. I don't set an alarm at all every day I can get away with it.

What's your bedtime?
I'm usually in bed by 2am, but not always. Like I said...I'm a night owl. :)

What's the longest you've ever gone without sleep? 
In junior high, I was doing plays at a community theater. We had a massive sleepover one weekend and it was two nights in a row. I was up for about 48 hours and totally revved on caffeine and a sugar high. By the end, I felt ill and dizzy. It was miserable at the end, but I totally feel for Parker because of it.

What keeps you awake at night? 
Too many things. Both excitement and worry keep me up too late. I struggle with Insomnia...just so grateful it isn't to the extent of my main character.

Describe one item in your bedroom that is unique. 
I have a tiny crocheted frog named Julian on my dresser. One of my best friends sent it to me when I was sick and said he would heal me. He's adorable. :)

What do you usually sleep in (if it's not too personal!)? 
I'm probably have more pairs of flannel/cotton PJs than anyone else on the planet. They're usually my writing apparel, too. :)

What gets you moving in the morning? 
 Nothing. It's impossible. I just trudge through til afternoon. ;-)

J. R. is offering up a great prize if you pre-order INSOMNIA now.  I have a feeling we all may stay up late reading this book!

Buy copies here at the following locations:  Book Depository, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Indiebound, and Books A Million.

And enter here:

a Rafflecopter giveaway

3 comments:

J.R. Johansson said...

Thank you so much for hosting me, Rachele! :) It was a fun interview!

Natalie Cleary said...

Great interview. Im an early riser since Ive had kids and am asleep for 11pm.

Ashera barbara said...


I say many thanks to the father of the website admin I read this, because at this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Obat Kaki Cantengan
Obat Benjolan Di Miss V
Pengobatan Autoimun Herbal