Friday, April 26, 2013

NOT A DROP TO DRINK - ARC Contest


So I have this little side business where I make teacher/reader guides for authors (check out the information on my website if you're interested).  I was ecstatic when Mindy McGinnis wanted me to make a guide for her book NOT A DROP TO DRINK, because I was dying to read it.

Lynn knows every threat to her pond: drought, a snowless winter, coyotes, and, most importantly, people looking for a drink. She makes sure anyone who comes near the pond leaves thirsty, or doesn't leave at all.

Confident in her own abilities, Lynn has no use for the world beyond the nearby fields and forest. Having a life means dedicating it to survival, and the constant work of gathering wood and water. Having a pond requires the fortitude to protect it, something Mother taught her well during their quiet hours on the rooftop, rifles in hand.

But wisps of smoke on the horizon mean one thing: strangers. The mysterious footprints by the pond, nighttime threats, and gunshots make it all too clear Lynn has exactly what they want, and they won’t stop until they get it….




You guys!!!  This book is so so good!  It's dystopian, but felt different than the others I've read, because the world that McGinnis creates feels so realistic.  The events seem like they could really happen, which makes it all the more scary.

The guide for this book is created, which means I want to find a new home for the ARC.  What do you say?  How about a contest?  All you have to do is enter below and help spread the word.  Good luck!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

5 comments:

Go Flash Go - Read, Rinse, Repeat said...

Thank you for the giveaway, Rachele. I'm dying to read this!

Stephanie

Keisha Martin said...

Sounds amazing, great giveaway.

Lori Spielman said...

Sounds like a terrific read!

Stephanie B said...

Oh man, I want to read this book so bad!

Ashera barbara said...


I say many thanks to the father of the website admin I read this, because at this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Obat Kaki Cantengan
Obat Benjolan Di Miss V
Pengobatan Autoimun Herbal