Thursday, March 7, 2013

Classroom Art


I've had some students over the past few years that are amazing artists, and I've been lucky enough to have them leave their mark in my classroom!  They've painted some of my favorite books on the wall...


The Great Gatsby (F Scott Fitzgerald):


To Kill a Mockingbird (Harper Lee):


"The Yellow Wallpaper" (Charlotte Perkins Gilman):



How cool are these paintings!?!

Right now another student is painting a scene from The Scarlet Letter and I've been begging them to paint Aibileen's words to Mae Mobley, "You is kind. You is smart.  You is important," in huge letters across the front wall.  Because really, wouldn't that be the greatest thing to see everyday?!

What books would you want to see painted on the wall?

5 comments:

Elisabeth Dahl said...

These are gorgeous, Rachele!

Emily Steele said...

I can't wait to see the words from THE HELP on your wall! I would've loved to be a student in your classroom!

Callie Leuck said...

The Mockingbird one is my favorite! It's so detailed! And so adorable.

Okie said...

Those are super cool. Thanks for sharing. :)

Ashera barbara said...


I say many thanks to Mr. admin website I read this, because in this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Cara Menyembuhkan Paru Paru Basah
Cara Menghilangkan Alergi Seafood
Tips Untuk Menghilangkan Alergi Hidung
Obat Sembelit Yang Aman
Cara Mengobati Demam Berdarah
Pengobatan Bells Palsy Herbal
Obat Tradisional Benjolan Di Pantat
Menghilangkan Benjolan Lemak
Obat Penyakit Dompo
Obat Diabetes Insipidus