Monday, January 21, 2013

Newbery and Printz Award Predictions


In a little over a week, the Mid-Winter ALA (American Library Association) Meeting will happen, which is when the Newbery (middle grade) and Printz (YA) award winners are announced.  I wait for these awards eagerly, because I pretty much always fall in love with their choices (Looking for Alaska!!!) and have discovered some books that I may not have read otherwise.  Books like Please Ignore Vera Dietz (King), Stolen (Christopher), Nothing (Teller).

This year I've read some pretty great books, so I want to venture a guess on what I hope will be nominated.  I may be totally off, but even if I am, you should read these books anyways!

Printz Award:

Ask the Passengers (A.S. King)  
I think this one is going to take the award.  It is so amazing and I haven't stopped thinking about it yet.  Gah!  The book was pure brilliance and I envy King's writing so so much.

The Fault in Our Stars (John Green) 
How could I not think of John Green?  His books rock my world, and this book has been getting lots and lots of attention since it's come out.  It's not my favorite Green book, but I sure did sob like a baby all the way through it.

Newbery Award:

Wonder (R.J. Palacio)
I want this book to win so so so bad.  I love this book so hard, and can only think of how great it would be if such a positive book won the Newbury.  After I finished this book, I bought three more copies of it to give to people and told about a million more people to read it.

See You At Harry's (Jo Knowles)
This is the type of book you need to read with a box of tissues next to you.  It was so sad, but among all the tears, there is also such hope and humor.  This is a book about family and loss and love.  It's beautiful.


And I haven't read this one yet, but it's on my TBR list.  I've heard nothing but amazing things about it, including Newbury talk...

The One and Only Ivan (Katherine Applegate)

What do you think?  Have you read any books this year that you'd like to see get one of these awards?

2 comments:

Jaime Morrow said...

I just finished reading THE FAULT IN OUR STARS, and even though I'm not usually one to pick up books that deal with cancer, I was wowed by this book. It's definitely deserving of awards! :)

Ashera barbara said...


I say many thanks to Mr. admin website I read this, because in this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Obat penyakit crohn Alami
Obat Benjolan Nanah
Pengobatan Jamur Pada Selangkangan
Cara Mengobati Eksim Kering
Obat Kanker Paru Paru Kronis
Cara Menghilangkan Syaraf Kejepit
Obat Kista Ginjal Alami
Obat Amandel Paling Ampuh
Obat Herbal Penyakit Leptospirosis
Pengobatan Nyeri Tulang Ekor Herbal