Saturday, December 1, 2012

A Conversation With My Husband



The news just showed a story about a school that is banning THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER b/c of the sexuality and suicide in it.  My conversation with my hubs, Jason, about what the school was doing went as such:

Me:  That is ridiculous!  How much do you want to bet that the kids read ROMEO AND JULIET there in English class?

Jason:  What does that have to do with it?

Me:  In ROMEO AND JULIET the kids get married so they can have sex and then kill themselves right after because they can't be together.  Why don't they ban that?

Jason:  Because no one can understand what the heck is going on in that play.  Shakespeare doesn't make any sense.

Me:  Fair enough.

*Although I still think it's ludicrous that the school is banning books...especially this one.  Ugh!  Censorship sucks!

2 comments:

Kristan Hoffman said...

Lol good point, from your husband.

But yeah, I'm with you. People are just ignorant hypocrites sometimes, and there's not much we can do about it. (Except teach/encourage their kids not to be the same way... ;P)

Aldea Aundy said...


I say many thanks to Mr. admin website I read this, because in this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Pengobatan Penyakit Hernia Herbal
Obat Kanker Tuba Falopi Herbal
Obat TBC Tumor Di Hati
Obat Herbal Radang Panggul
Obat Polip Di Usus
Mengobati Kanker Kerongkongan
Obat Benjolan Di Bibir Vagina
Obat Benjolan Di Belakang Telinga Tradisional
Cara Menghilangkan Flek Paru Paru
Cara Menghilangkan Gatal Akibat Panu