Monday, October 29, 2012

Literary Tattoos


There is a rumor that seems to have been going around my school for the last two years.  Once it gets cold outside, I wear tights pretty often.  As in, almost every day.  I think it's the private school education in me...I'm used to uniform skirts with tights!  Whatever the reason is, my students seem to think that I wear tights because I'm trying to cover up all my tattoos.

No really.  A bunch of them "got up the nerve" and asked me about it last year.  And now that I've brought them out again this year, the rumors are swirling again.  Never mind the fact that I do come to school with bare legs in August/September.  The kids claim this isn't true and everyone loves a good rumor, so the next time they asked me I told them I did have tattoos.

Five to be exact:

*A stack of books on my leg

*A heart on my bicep that has the word "books" in the middle of it

*A tattoo on my lower back that says, "I love to read"

*A tattoo that goes down my side that says, "Too many books, so little time"

*And my personal favorite, a big huge spine of a book going all the way down my spine.  The book is then open across either side of my entire back

I tell them about these tattoos with a straight face whenever they ask.

The truth is, I'm too much of a wimp with needles to get a tattoo, but if I ever did, I'd totally get the last lines of The Great Gatsby somewhere on me or CANARY's ISBN number.

What about you?  Do you have any tattoos?  Are there any you would want?

Here's a site of some good literary tattoos.

And a site of some crazy Twillight tattos!

5 comments:

Jaime Morrow said...

Like you, I'm probably too big of a chicken to actually get a tattoo (I have zero pain tolerance and hate needles). But, if I was brave enough, I'd get the tattoo that the love interest in my story has or some variation of it. I like meaningful quote tattoos. :)

P. S. I love that you just went with the suspicion/rumors and strung them along. Hilarious!

Pretty Knitty said...

I have a knitting tattoo, on my ankle. It's a little sock on the needles...go figure!

Kelly Polark said...

That's so funny, and I love how you egg them on!

I have one small tattoo (it hurt. I cried!). I want one more of three small music notes on my ankle. But then I'm done.

allison said...

I LOVE making up stories about the "why"s of my tattoos. I have a line from Gatsby ("tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther") across both ankles, and a quote from a John Cheever story on my lower back. Yup - a literary tramp stamp!

Aldea Aundy said...


I say many thanks to Mr. admin website I read this, because in this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his
Obat Kram Otak
Obat Sistem Kekebalan Tubuh
Obat Tradisional Benjolan Di Tangan
Kumpulan Artikel Mengenai Kesehatan Dan Kebugaran