Monday, August 13, 2012

Road Trip 2012: Ithaca, New York and Washington D.C.


Hard to believe I have never been to Washington D.C. (especially when it's only six hours away!), but I can now cross that off my list!

My main squeeze and I took a week off from work and writing, and went on an adventure.  First stop, The Finger Lakes.  We met up with my cousin, her husband and kids and visited their alma mater, Cornell University.  Did you know Ithaca is gorges?!  : )

We climbed to the top of the Cornell clock tour at sunset...


And listened to the students play a concert with the chimes.  It was crazy loud, but the view from the top was worth it!


We also found time to hit up one of my favorite places to eat in colleges. Jason was a believer!


Then we moved onto D.C where we stayed in a hotel that was an old bank.  That's one of the vaults behind our head board!







On the way home, we made a quick stop in Maryland to visit one of the greatest writers to ever exist...

Did you go anywhere fun this summer?

2 comments:

Kristan Hoffman said...

Yep, I have an Ithaca is Gorges T-shirt – bought it while visiting my friend at Cornell. :)

So far our summer trips have just been to visit family, but in October we're going to Spain! Third time for me, first for Andy. It's the home of my heart.

sewa mobil said...

Nice article, thanks for sharing.