Wednesday, July 18, 2012

We Found A Boo Hole!


Last week my main squeeze and I checked out Holden Arboretum.  It's a huge nature preserve about fifteen minutes from our house with over twenty miles of trails.  But the best part...dogs are allowed!  So we said the magic word "car ride," and the three of us headed there.

We had a blast exploring the different routes and gardens they had...



But the best part was when we found a Boo hole in one of the trees!  

We got some pictures of Radley in front of it, since she is named after Boo Radley.



Sadly, there was nothing left in the Boo hole for us.  We decided next time we come, we'll bring a surprise to put in it.

If you don't know what a Boo hole is, check it out here.

4 comments:

Mere Joyce said...

New Follower, =)

This is the neatest idea ever! Very exciting to have found a Boo hole! I am going to keep my eye out for these from now on...I'm a librarian, can you believe I've never read To Kill A Mockingbird? I should probably put it on my to-read list...

Roxie said...

I once found a live tree-frog in a Boo hole. The dollar store is a good resource for trinkets. Think like a kid. A piece of shiny ribbon would be a treasure.

Pretty Knitty said...

I can't believe that I did not remember that...the boo hole! I have to re-read that book ASAP...thanks for the inspiration, and for an idea of what to do with some of the trinkets and treasures I always seem to find in my possession!!!

Claire M. Caterer said...

I love Boo holes! I've only found a couple, one in our own local arboretum. I love that your dog's name is Radley, Rachele!