Friday, June 22, 2012

Author Pictures


My main squeeze and I got married on a hot humid July day.  The temps climbed into the high 90s and a morning thunder storm made everything all heavy and damp.  Ever since, I've had an extreme hatred to hot summer days (even though our wedding was wonderful!).

So of course, it only made sense that the heat came back to taunt me on Wednesday, when I met with the wonderful Tess Smith to get author pictures done.  It was crazy hot, but we got some great shots in. We even slipped Radley, the wonder dog, into some of the pictures!

While I'm sad to see mustache picture go (the resolution isn't high enough for my cover)...


I'm excited to pick a new author picture.  Tess took over a hundred pictures and it will take a few weeks to get them back, but she sent me a sneak peek of a few.

Which is your favorite?




We even took a few of just Radley!  If it was hot for me, imagine what it was like for her and all that fur! 


I can't wait to share the rest with you and pick one!

BTW... There is still plenty of time to win an advance copy of Colleen Clayton's YA novel WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!  Read about all the details here!

11 comments:

Kendra S-L said...

I think the black and white one of you and the Radmaster captures your spirit best. Big fan.

Ceridwen83 said...

I agree with Kendra S-L the black and white is a great pic :)

Angelica R. Jackson said...

I like the color one of you and Radley--or the B&W, if you cropped it so the sky is cut out (just the hedge behind you showing). The sky gets washed out in the B&W version.

Pretty Knitty said...

In total agreement with #1 & #2 comments...the B & W shot is the best one for your cover! Such a fun shot, and taking the color out adds the contrast and light-play that make this an excellent shot! Bonus, for your book signings, it's easier and cheaper for your sponsor to print a poster for the event! (I do some promotions at my job as a church secretary...)

Matthew MacNish said...

I love the B&W one with Radley, but can it be cropped? The washed out sunlight at the top takes up a third of the frame.

Cherie Reich said...

I like the B&W with Radley too.

Kristan Hoffman said...

Ditto what Matthew said!

Cate said...

Not to be repetative, but B&W with Radley is my favorite!! If you prefer colour though I would go with the first one. Beautiful l photos :)

Kara said...

Some cute options! But yeah, you and your dog make a pretty photogenic team.

Monika Pardon said...

The non-black and white picture with your very cute dog.

Krispy said...

Aww, I LOVE the b&w one with your super adorable dog! Yay for author photos!