Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Great Gatsby Movie Trailer Is Here


This.

I have been waiting for this trailer for months.  I have stalked IMDB every single day.

And man, oh man, was the wait worth it!

Tobey is perfect for Nick, and Leo is looking as delicious as ever.

I'm not too sure on the music, but I'm thinking it might just be for the trailer.

It's got all the flash, color, and over-the-top glam that is Baz Lurhmann.

Wah!

Please excuse me while I go watch it again and silently wish that December 25 would come here fast!


3 comments:

Some Screaming Fangirl said...

I know! I fangirled my way through the trailer the first watch. See, lucky me, I had junior English this past year, and what book did we happen to read? THE GREAT GATSBY. After seeing how horrible the 70's movie is and how amazing this version looks... yeah, Dec. 25th seems pretty far away right now.

Julianna said...

Love this! Although I did like the 90's remake with Paul Rudd...he is so adorable. Carey Mulligan looks a lot like Mira Sorvino too! I love all things Fitzgerald!

Kristan Hoffman said...

Thanks for posting the link! I <3 it!

At first I thought the music might just be for the trailer, but then I remembered Romeo + Juliet and Moulin Rouge both make use of contemporary songs, so... {shrug} who knows. The vibe is insane/fantastic, though.

PS: You might enjoy this link: http://foreveryoungadult.com/2012/05/23/a-highly-scientific-analysis-of-the-great-gatsby-trailer/