Friday, March 2, 2012

Sending Love and Support...


This week has been one of the hardest weeks in my teaching career.

Chardon is a neighboring school to my school district.

Many of my students are friends with the students of Chardon, play sports against their teams, and went to Auburn Career Center with the victims. I have colleagues who live in Chardon, and my department has worked with teachers at their high school on professional development.
This week was tough.

It was one full of sadness, anger, pain, disbelief, fear, questions, support, unity and most of all love.

The compassion and drive my students had this week to come together and help amazed me. They are incredible, incredible kids.

Today my school gathered together wearing red, Chardon's school color. This picture, along with banners full of messages from our students, have been sent to them.


If you look in the middle, you'll see we formed a heart inside of our group to let Chardon know how much we love and care for them.

4 comments:

Becca Christiansen said...

What happened? :(

Kristan Hoffman said...

@Becca-
School shooting.

Rachele, what a wonderful gesture from your school community to theirs. I don't really have words for the grief I feel about the situation, but my heart goes out to you and all those who are close to it.

Sarah Pearson said...

My thoughts are with everyone affected by this terrible event.

Nicole McInnes said...

What an awesome show of love and support. Makes me a little teary to see that heart in the center.

~Nicole