Friday, March 16, 2012

The Hunger Games: One Week!


How excited are you for The Hunger Games movie?

My students have been reading the books for the last two years and following all the movie information with me (we have a whole bulletin board plastered with movie pictures/articles in my classroom).

The libriarian and I contacted our local theatre and reserved their party room for the 3:40 showing next Friday. Any students who want to can buy a ticket to come watch it together, and then we'll feast on goodies and talk about how awesome the movie was after.

I'm planning on trying to make something creative to share with my students, although I'm not sure they'll look as good as these...


It should be a lot of fun!

Do you plan on seeing it?

5 comments:

Michael Offutt, Tebow Cult Initiate said...

You baked Hunger Games treats when everyone in the story is starving? Shame on you.

Kristan Hoffman said...

Holy crap those look amazing.

I accidentally booked a trip to visit my parents over the premiere weekend, so I don't know when I'm going to see it!! You cannot comprehend the sadness in my soul.

Roxie said...

I read that the movie is violent and bloody. And somehow, I have missed the books. I'd love to hear what you think of the movie when you've seen it.

I loved John Carter of Mars, but then, I grew up with E. R. Burroughs..

MichaelaRae said...

I'm really excited for the movie! I was just looking into booking tickets online. I have to admit though, I haven't read the books. I want to but I know it's going to be hard to get my hands on them at any library right now. Super cute cupcakes!

Sarah Pearson said...

I'm going with my daughters, although we may skip opening weekend!