Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I Love Me Some Beautiful Words


I stumbled across a poem by Denis McMahon the other day. The words in it really moved me.

“my sugargirl angel
dances on the beach in winter

hiking her skirt
at the air she whispers

take me you beautiful paddlepop
before the moon melts”


I love the image and mood it evokes. It's whispering a story to me. Somehow I'm seeing a character that will make an appearance in my writing. I'm almost certain of that.

Don't you love when that happens?

Photo by: Suman Gallery

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Poems are such a great way to find inspiration, and this one's beautiful. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Hi
glad you liked my little poem.
Denis

Laura McMahon said...

this is my dad's poem from his collection IDLE AND DRUNK IN HEAVEN.
so glad others can see the beauty of his words

laura WWW.LAURAMCMAHON.BLOGSPOT.COM