Thursday, November 3, 2011

Good Thing She's So Cute

You've all heard me gush about my puppy, Radley. She's named after a character in my favorite book in the world, To Kill a Mockingbird. Well, I'm teaching the book right now so I've been rereading it along with my students.

The other night I left it lying on my bedroom floor and tragedy struck.


Radley found the book and chewed it up!

She's never chewed a book before. Sure, she's chewed some shoes, my knitting needles, even a section of our staircase (grrrrr....), but a book!

A book that she's named after!

Now this is getting personal!

It's a good thing she's so darn cute!

In order to make amends for showing you a picture of a ruined book (gasp!), I will remind you of how cute my pup really is and how easy it is to forgive her...









*I promise our bedroom floor isn't dirty...it's just the way hipstamatic shaded the picture when I used my iphone! Crawling half under the bed is Radley's new hobby...it's pretty funny to walk into the room and just see her back paws sticking out!

9 comments:

Rida said...

You're right. SHE'S SO CUTE! And she's named Radley after... Boo Radley, right? And she tore up a TKAM copy? *shakes head*

I can't hate her, either. She really is too adorable. AND she's named after Boo Radley.

Kristan said...

AWWWW she IS adorable. At least she only ate the front and back? The story is still intact!

Madeline Bartos said...

How adorable! You can't possibly stay mad at that. ;)

Lisa Nowak said...

Maybe she's trying to fully embrace her name. :)

Meredith said...

How adorable! Nope, can't be mad at her. :)

Lola X said...

Such a great post! Love visiting your blog!

Lola x
http://lola-x.blogspot.com

Michael Offutt said...

Oh well. Puppy is a fan of Harper Lee. I read the book but never thought about tasting the cover.

Fiona L said...

Such an adorable, adorable dog!!! Radley's fur is just gorgeous. It looks so fluffy and soft... *resist urge to touch*

Plus, have I mentioned Radley sounds like such an awesome name?

I haven't read To Kill a Mockingbird and it's been on my to-read list for ages. Definitely will read it soon!

Sourire11 said...

Super cute! My dog used to chew books, too...