Monday, October 17, 2011

I'm Writing...Beat It!

I've been writing in my Paris notebooks since I got back from my honeymoon. They aren't anything special, just moleskin books, but the fact that they are from Paris makes it all seem a bit more magical! Who doesn't wish that the writing inspirations of Hemmingway or Fitzgerald rub off on my notebooks that are from the same area where they once roamed and wrote!

My current one is hot pink (o la la!)...


I wrote my name in it when we were still on our honeymoon...it was the first time I officially wrote my new name!


And then made sure to mark the date and location where I started writing in it!


I still have a little bit more room in this book (and the two other moleskins), but I think I may be moving on to something else when I fill this one up.

As a congratulations for signing my book contract, a good friend gave me a gift of some crazy awesome notebooks. Check them out!





And my favorite of the group...a Michael Jackson notebook! How BAD is that! I was THRILLE(r)D when I got it!

It looks like I have a lot of writing to do in the future!

What about you? What do you do your writing? On a computer? A special notebook? Some other interesting place? I'd love to hear about it!

6 comments:

Sarah Pearson said...

Usually random scraps of paper or a dull old reporter's notebook if I'm not at the computer.

I've always wanted a Moleskine notebook :-)

Dianne K. Salerni said...

Awesome notebooks! My daughter writes all her work on notebooks first, and then types them into a laptop afterward. I'm afraid I can't imagine handwriting my work anymore. I've got to type it.

Stina Lindenblatt said...

I'm with Sarah. Usually I type directly onto the computer, but if it's not available, I write on whatever is available at the time. :D

Kristan said...

Mostly on a computer, but I too have an eclectic assortment of notebooks gifted to me over the years, and I always have one handy (have since high school) for times when I'm out and about, or just need a change from keyboard-and-screen.

Angelina C. Hansen said...

I have piles of notebooks, one in fact that I wrote poetry in while I lived in Paris for a year. These days I write mostly on the computer, but I use my lovely notebooks for story ideas, character sketches, and revision notes.

Matthew MacNish said...

AOL still exists?