Monday, October 17, 2011

If You Do Anything Today....

If you want to do something worthwhile today, please take the time to buy a copy of this book.

If you haven't read about what's happened, all the info is here. I'd write about it, but I don't think I can without getting really upset and angry.

SHINE is an amazing book. I have a copy of it on my Kindle and my school library has multiple copies. I have a student reading it right now.

If anything comes out of this whole mess, it will be that this book gets more noticed as do the topics that Lauren Myracle so honestly writes about.

Please, buy this book for yourself or donate it to a local library.


4 comments:

Cynthia Lee said...

I read about this incident. It's heartbreaking. I'm going to buy her book.

Jessica Bell said...

What happened????? Going to click on your links ...

Jessica Bell said...

Oh my gosh, how horrible. Yep, I'm going to buy it ...

Sarah Pearson said...

I felt so bad for the author when I read this. To announce that they were going to have six because they'd made a mistake, made them look like the good guys. Why the heck would they shoot themselves in the foot, and do her a great injustice, by following up with this?