Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Hello, 21st Century!

The deal was that if I got a book deal, I'd get an iphone. I don't have a smart phone and working on a teacher's salary, it seemed like a bit of a splurge.

So I promised myself that I had to wait until my book sold. Then, as a celebration, I could finally buy a phone. There's no secret that part of being an author these days includes making a presence on social media sites, so the phone would technically be used for work purposes.

I've waited patiently for Apple's announcement, and now, October 14th can't come soon enough!

Now I just need to decide which phone cover to get.

Gatsby....

Or Mockingbird...
Check out all of the cases here. Which would you choose?

9 comments:

Kelsey said...

Out of these two, definitely Mockingbird. So glad you're treating yourself! Enjoy it.

Heidi Windmiller said...

I'd pick Gatsby.

But I love the Poe one!

Kristan said...

I actually think Clockwork Orange makes the nicest looking case, but I prefer Gatsby or TKAM as books. (Well, ok, I haven't read Clockwork Orange.) So between those two, aesthetically I'd go with TKAM. They're both pretty nice choices, I just wouldn't want the sad face on my phone!

Rida said...

TKAM for sure!

Sarah Pearson said...

I'd pick A Clockword Orange or the Gatsby one, although I confess I haven't read The Great Gatsby. I'm bookmarking this site just in case I ever upgrade my phone :-)

Rhianne said...

Mockingbird all the way!

Stina Lindenblatt said...

I promised my daughter if I'm ever published, we'd get a cat. Now my husband is hoping I'll never be published. ;)

Cool choices of covers. Hope you enjoy your new phone.

Meredith said...

Oooh, I vote Mockingbird! So pretty.

Crystal Collier said...

Mockingbird...but I might be biased just from the actual book themes. Loved reading Gatsby more, appreciated the message of Mockingbird most. Good luck in your decision!