Friday, October 7, 2011

Are You In Or Out?


So I've started to hear the whispers.

People are talking about it on the Internet.

The countdown clock is telling me that I have 24 days left to decide.

NaNoWriMo(or National Write a Novel in a Month) is next month.

I was working on edits for CANARY two years ago and last year I was planning a wedding.

But this year I think I might do it. Or at least a version of it that involves kicking my new novel into shape and finishing it for my agent and beta readers. I work well with deadlines and I'd love to be a part of such a supportive community. I'm at about 50,000 words and want to reach 80,ooo which is less than the 50,000 word goal for a novel, but still a big goal for me.

What about you? Are you going to NaNoWriMo or not???

9 comments:

Lisa Nowak said...

Heck no! November is a very busy month for me, but beyond that, the method of writing I like best is to polish as I go. That's not a good way to meet your Nano word count.

Becca C. said...

I looooooooove NaNo. I just did Camp NaNo in August, and I'm craving more of the insanity. The super-tight deadline is a godsend for me. Permission not to agonize over every word? Yes, please. Permission to just give 'er, full throttle on the story? Yes, please. Permission to do everything wrong and not feel guilty? Oh yeah! :D

Heidi Windmiller said...

I'm going to try it for the first time this year. I've been working on my outline this week in an attempt to 'get ready'--if there is such a thing.

Mel Corbett said...

I love NaNo and I totally want to be, but I think i'm over committed so the answer will probably be no. I'll be writing, but I don't think I'll be aiming for the 50k.

November seems to be a bad month for WriMos for me. I tend to do much better in other months. Like August or January :-)

Sarah Pearson said...

I'll just be running alongside the official entrants, hoping to keep up :-)

Kathryn said...

This is my first time NaNo-ing! I can't wait! Last year, I was in the middle of revisions for the novel I was working on at the time, so I didn't get a chance to. November can't come fast enough! :D

Kristan said...

I'm out. Every time I do NaNo, it puts me in completely the WRONG mindset for me to be a happy, productive writer. I know lots of writers (including my buddy Erin Danehy) for which it works great -- gets 'em jazzed, and they "win" with 50k or more -- but I'm just not wired for that, I guess. I'm probably going to do a readathon instead.

Rachel Morgan said...

Um, I'm thinking NO! We finish our school year at the beginning of December which means Novemeber is packed with revision, exam-writing, exam-marking and wrapping everything up for the year... A pretty busy time!

Cherie Reich said...

I'm in. I'm working hard this month to get everything done, so I can focus on writing in November.