Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Watching Willow Watts Release!

Talli Roland's book WATCHING WILLOW WATTS comes out today and it looks adorable! I love the premise and I can't wait to read it.

Here's the summary of the book, which you can order on Amazon:

For Willow Watts, life has settled into a predictably dull routine: days behind the counter at her father's antique shop and nights watching TV, as the pension-aged residents of Britain's Ugliest Village bed down for yet another early night. But everything changes when a YouTube video of Willow's epically embarrassing Marilyn Monroe impersonation gets millions of hits after a viewer spots Marilyn's ghostly image in a frame.

Instantly, Willow's town is overrun with fans flocking to see the 'new Marilyn'. Egged on by the villagers -- whose shops and businesses are cashing in -- Willow embraces her new identity, dying her hair platinum and ramming herself full of cakes to achieve Marilyn's legendary curves.
But when a former flame returns seeking the old Willow, Willow must decide: can she risk her stardom and her village's newfound fortune on love, or is being Marilyn her ticket to happiness?

Sounds great, right? It reminds me of a fun girl movie like Bridget Jones or The Holiday.

Tallia is doing a web splash where we had to answer her question, "If I could be anyone, I'd be..."

I thought about this question a lot, and I think I'd choose Carrie Bradshaw. I know she's not real, but my gosh, her wardrobe is and I would love to wear some of it. And don't get me started on her shoes! I was a bit jealous of her life as a writer in NYC which allowed her to run all over the town meeting her friends for fabulous meals, which sounds amazin. Although if I was Carrie, I totally would have picked Aiden over Mr. Big!

What about you? Who would you be? You can check out the other blogger's answers at Tallia's blog!


10 comments:

Sarah Pearson said...

I was jealous of the fact that a bit of tapping away at the laptop every night earned Carrie that awesome lifestyle :-)

Creepy Query Girl said...

I once sat through a week-long sex in the city marathon with an ex boyfriend. He was metrosexual, what can I say? And by the end I totally felt like I was living in their world . IT was creepy. lol.

Kristan said...

Willow Watts sound adorable.

And omg YES to Sarah Pearson's comment, lol. How unbelievably unrealistic. Have you seen "Carrie Bradshaw Math"? It's amazing: http://the-frenemy.com/post/5366472538/carrie-bradshaw-math

I wouldn't really want to be her, but I wouldn't mind her career.

Cherie Reich said...

Such a great choice! Carrie's fabulous! I miss watching that show.

Matthew MacNish said...

Is that the one Sarah Jessica Parker plays? I've never seen the show, but she sure is lovely. And stylish.

Angelina C. Hansen said...

I've never seen a book hit the blogosphere like this. Can't wait to read!

Jessica Bell said...

Your choice definitely suits your sprite character. :o)

Meredith said...

What a fun closet to have! And yes, I would totally have picked Aiden!

Talli Roland said...

Oh, I would love to be Carrie! I covet her fashion. Besides, she's a writer! A successful one! What's not to like?

Thanks so much for taking part!

Alleged Author said...

Carrie Bradshaw is a great choice!