Friday, September 30, 2011

Adios...TTFN...Ciao...Later, dude!

I've been writing more and more e-mails as a young adult writer than ever before. E-mails to people who have found my book on Goodreads, bloggers and from writing websites.

The problem is, I don't know how to close the e-mails.

My agent always signs his with "Cheers." and another agent I know uses "Best."

I want something unique too. Preferably something fun and sassy (okay, I just wanted to use the word "sassy," it's my new favorite word!).

I'm at a loss. What do you think? Do you have any ideas? I'm thinking it doesn't even need to be something that says "bye" but maybe a fun phrase or short quote?

How do you sign your messages?

7 comments:

Sarah Pearson said...

Best wishes for first timers, and take care or luv ya for friends :-)

Christina Lee said...

How about "Your Sassiness"??

But really, I have NO IDEA--I sahll learn from you!

Lisa Nowak said...

This is something I struggle with, too. I have no idea, but I'll be sure to watch to see what others recommend.

Rachele Alpine said...

Christina...I love the idea of keeping "sassy" in it. I kind of like saying "Stay sassy, Rachele" but people might think I'm nuts!

Angelina C. Hansen said...

I've faced this same dilemma. Friends is "Hugs" then there's "Regards" also "Ciao for Now" But I'm never comfortable when it comes to the professional ones. "Thank you" works, most of the time.

Talli Roland said...

Ergh, I struggle with this too! My default is just 'Best' to people I'm not familiar with. Keep us posted on what you come up with!

missmacchiatoloves said...

I generally use "Kind Regards" or "Warm Regards" depending.

Kind Regards -- I've helped you in some way and am remaining kind and thoughtful.

Warm Regards -- you've helped me, and I am appreciative.

And I agree, it's so tough to find one that seems to 'fit' my style as a person!