Monday, August 15, 2011

I've Got News (And A Contest!)

You may have noticed I've been pretty silent about my book these last few months. Yes, the wedding was the main cause of that, but it was also because I was in a transition period. My old agent took an extended leave of absence, so I asked to be let out of my contract. I understood that she needed the time off, but I didn't want my book or writing to sit in limbo.

I queried a small batch of my favorite agents (basically agents who repped authors that I love) and let them know the situation. After a few weeks of being back on the query train (you know, days full of nail biting, refreshing e-mails and decisions), I'm happy to announce that CANARY and my new book CIRCLES WITHIN CIRCLES is now represented by John Rudolph at Dystel and Goderich.

Uhm...yeah...cue excited screaming!

I'm so excited to work with John and the agency! They represent some amazing authors such as:

Oh, and another author you might know by the name of....

Seriously, I'm honored to be a part of an agency that represents such great writers.

To celebrate, I'm giving away a copy of Nova Ren Suma's Imaginary Girls. If you haven't read it, you must. It's one of the best books I've read all year and I can't wait to get it into the hands of one of my readers.


All you have to do is follow my blog and fill out the form below. I'll pick a winner this Sunday evening (August 21), so you have until noon Sunday to enter!

Each blog, tweet or Facebook mention gets you an extra point. Just share the link!

24 comments:

E.R. King said...

Congrats! Awesome news!!! Thanks for the great giveaway.

Shari Arnold said...

Congrats!! That's great news!!

Kaitlin Ward said...

Congrats Rachele!!

Trisha Leaver said...

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

Elizabeth Mueller said...

Rachele, WHOOOOT! Congrats, girl! How exciting to be in the same family with the authors you love!
Best of luck to you and your book!

♥.•*¨Elizabeth¨*•.♥
Can Alex save Winter from the darkness that hunts her?
YA Paranormal Romance, Darkspell coming fall of 2011!

bethany griffin said...

Congratulations!

Ashley @ Book Labyrinth said...

Congrats!! =)

Meredith said...

Congratulations! It must have been a tough decision to let go of your first agent, but that's so exciting!

Lisa Nowak said...

That is such awesome news, Rachele! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. :)

Anna said...

YAY! Congrats! :D so exciting!

Isis Rushdan said...

Congratulations!!

Lenny Lee* said...

hi miss rachael! first i did a big hooray for you getting married. now im doing a big HOOOORAY!!! for you gettin that new agent. yikes! i got a famous writer blogger friend. :)
...hugs from lenny

Kristan said...

Great news! Congratulations, Rachele. That was a very bold move, but it's great that you were willing to risk it in order to do what you thought was best for your career. I hope I have that same courage and insight if/when I ever need it. :)

NiaRaie said...

Yay! Congrats!

Angie said...

Big Congrats!!! It's weird because I barely know you, but I was just thinking about you the other the day. I thought to myself, what happened to that author who wrote the book Canary? I loved that title. I should check in to see where that's going - and then I checked my blog roll and there you are!! Must be some weird karma going on. :)

Dianne K. Salerni said...

Congratulations on your new agency! How very exciting! Best of luck to CANARY in its new home, as well as CIRCLES WITHIN CIRCLES!

Kendra S-L said...

Has this been the best month of your life or what? So happy for you!

Angie said...

Double yay!!!! :)

Sarah Ahiers (Falen) said...

YAYAYAY!!! Super congrats! They are such and awesome agency and i'm so happy for you!

Carol Riggs said...

Major congrats to ya! Wheee! You not only snagged one agent, but now 2! ;o) So happy for ya, and best wishes as you progress from this point on! To publication!

Chanelle said...

Congrats!

Lisa Richards/alterlisa said...

Awesome week! Congrates!

(\___/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

alterlisa AT yahoo DOT com
http://lisaslovesbooksofcourse.blogspot.com/

Scribbling Scarlet said...

That is awesome news about your agent! Congratulations! And Thanks for being a teacher! I know you guys aren't paid enough for the work, hours and energy you invest in our youth but I appreciate you!

Aleeza said...

aw, congrats! (sorry i'm a bit late, but i've been really negligent on blog-reading lately. too many good blogs to keep up with!)

dystel & goderich is one of the coolest agencies ever, so yay for you! :)