Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Some Pig

Charlotte's Web is the first book I can remember reading myself. At least, I tried to read it. I can still vividly picture myself at age 6 on the top bunk at summer camp going through the book. I know I didn't know what all of the words were then, but what I do know is that I loved that book.


NPR just did a great feature on it, and you can read the article here.



What was your favorite book when you were young? Or better yet, do you remember the first book you read by yourself?

4 comments:

Kristan said...

I don't remember reading Charlotte's Web, only loving it. I was so charmed by this feature when I read it earlier this morning! Glad I'm not the only one. :)

Emy Shin said...

I read Charlotte's Web for the first time last year in my Children's Lit class -- and found it entirely adorable.

Madeline Bartos said...

I love Charlotte's Web! I remember reading some Disney story book. I thought I was reading, but when I watched a little kid read a book, I realized I probably made the whole stroy up. ;)

Trisha said...

The first book I remember reading myself was the Hobbit :)