Tuesday, April 12, 2011

It's Ringing Poetry

I'm not sure whether I love this idea or it just makes me laugh because I'm a writer nerd. Regardless, Poets.org has ringtones for those of you who love poetry.

You can go to the site and download free ringtones of poems. Who wouldn't love to hear Dylan Thomas or Langston Hughes words whenever you get a call? Forget the rap music or elevator rings tones.

My choice...Gwendolyn Brooks' "We Real Cool." I teach the poem with my students and love it.
The phrasing and sound of the words together is awesome. It's such a smooth poem (Can you call a poem smooth? Because this poem is!). Have you ever read it? Give it a read...
The Pool Players.
Seven at the Golden Shovel.

We real cool. We
Left school. We

Lurk late. We
Strike straight. We

Sing sin. We
Thin gin. We

Jazz June. We
Die soon.

Check the site out and let me know what you download!

1 comment:

Paigeewa said...

This is so awesome. I'm going to have to go see if I can find some of my favorites, I just don't know who I'd want!!