Saturday, April 23, 2011

Honeymoon Reading List

We booked our honeymoon!

We'll be spending eight days on the island of Cyprus in the Mediterrean and then four days in Paris (home of two of my favorite reads this year....Revolution and Anna and the French Kiss!).

Cyrpus will be our beach vacation...we're staying at a house with a pool within walking distance to beaches on the sea. Like the one below...which is Aphrodite's Rock and supposedly the birthplace of her.


The overseas flights will be long and there are lots of days that will be spent laying by the pool or on the beach. That means I've been hording new books that have come out (or are coming out) in order to have a lot of good reads on the trip. Nothing is worse than running out of good books to read (believe me, I found that out when studying abroad in Costa Rica...I was reading T-RASH just to get by!).

Here's the list so far...

Beauty Queens (Libba Bray)

Same Difference (Siobhan Vivian)

Invincible Summer (Hannah Moskowitz)

Moonglass (Jessi Kirby)


Clean (Amy Reed)

Where She Went (Gayle Foreman) *It's killing me not to read this book right now!



Imaginary Girls (Nova Ren Suma)

Break the Skin (Lee Martin)

So Shelly (Ty Roth)

What do you think? Is this enough books to make it through the trip? Yeah, it's probably too much (especially since it's my honeymoon and I'll be spending time with my new husband....waaa!), but it's better to be safe than sorry!

Any recommendations that I missed?

9 comments:

Paigeewa said...

How exciting! You'll love Paris, it's fantastic. And, not that you care about where I think you should go on your honeymoon, but get your wedded-blissed butt to Versailles because it's gorgeous.

Just by the titles, those books sound great (and I really need to read Anna and the French Kiss and Revolution) and I'm sure you'll get through most of them with all that beach time and flight time (especially if the in-flight movies are bad)!

Bee said...

That's a great list. And a lot for a honeymoon :)
Have a good one!
Btw, how did you get your hand on CLEAN? *jealous*

Rachele Alpine said...

Paige...I've heard Versailles is the place to visit...we'll try!

And Bee...I don't have CLEAN yet, but it will be out in time for the honeymoon!

kelworthfiles said...

Congratulations, I hope that you have a great time and enjoy your... reading.

I'm starting up a 'Critiquing and Supportive Crusaders' program, where participants in the Second Crusade can find other writers to exchange critiques with or form supportive critiquing circles. If you're interested, come by The Kelworth Files to check it out!

Kristan said...

Looks like a good list! Several of my TBRs on there too. Personally I also want to check out BOSSYPANTS by Tina Fey, and I *highly* recommend LIPS TOUCH by Laini Taylor.

Lisa Nowak said...

Wow, that sounds like a great trip!

Matthew MacNish said...

That looks beautiful, enjoy!

Lee Martin said...

Rachelle, I'm honored to know that my novel will be along on your honeymoon. I like a book that's "well-traveled." Congratulations on the upcoming nuptials. When's the happy day?

KO: The Insect Collector said...

Wow- sounds like a cool honeymoon. This is an awesome list, and it looks adequate. If for some reason you DO run out, airports and train stations always have a book kiosk, and you can usually find English titles. It might be harder to find YA, but I always find something interesting, maybe by a Brit, that I can enjoy.