Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Writer's Workout

There have been a lot of days lately when I'll come home from teaching and conveniently ignore my workout to write my book.

I'm feeling the guilt.

I'm pumping my new book out and am excited to work on it in the afternoons, but I know I need to get my butt in gear and also start riding my exercise bike again. I have a wedding dress to look good in, y'all!

So I decided to check out what a "writer's workout" would be. I used some online calculators and this is what I came up with according to my height, weight and age....

Typing:
29 calories burned an hour

Handwriting:
46 calories burned an hour

Reading:
17 calories an hour

Pacing back and forth (trying to come up with an idea):
87 calories an hour

Laughing (when I refresh my inbox every second and expect an e-mail to magically appear):
1.3 calories a minute

There you have it! The writer's workout. Now go get in "writing" shape!

6 comments:

Lisa Nowak said...

Build an attachment for your exercise bike that you can put your laptop on. That way you can write and exercise at the same time.

Kristan said...

Rachele, this is TOO CUTE!

And don't even worry about "looking good" in your dress. You are going to be gorgeous, I guarantee it. :)

Erin said...

Ha! This cracked me up. Thank you for sharing!

Vicki Tremper said...

Awesome! And good to know. At least I burn a few calories sitting on my butt all day typing. Thanks!

echellebuyck said...

All this time I have been going to the gym, when all I needed to to was write to stay in shape. I love it.

Michael Offutt said...

This would be all fine and dandy if the typical cheeseburger didn't come with a whopping 800 calories.