Monday, March 14, 2011

My New Writing Companion!

While I was in graduate school at Boston University, I had one of the best roommates in the world.

Sage, the wonder dog!


She was my roommates' dog and I got to help raise her from a little puppy.



Ever since, I've been obsessed with Wheaten Terriers. I've waited patiently for years and years through apartments and then a condo. We finally got a house and now I get a wheaten of my own!

This is Cherry and my puppy when she was less than an hour old!


And here she is cuddling up to her mama on a cold winter's night....


I get to bring her home in less than four weeks...awwww! I can't wait!

We're trying to pick a name, and I really want something literary. So far my favorites are Harper, Radley or Salinger. What do you think? Do you have any good ideas?

How about ways to make four weeks fly by because a month has never seemed so long away!

15 comments:

Paigeewa said...

Yay for a new puppy! I always have thought that puppy breath is the cutest smell in the world even if it isn't that pleasant.

Well, I like Radley for a girl puppy the best! But I really like Salinger, too, because you could call her Sally for short!

Carrie said...

I would have such a hard time waiting for a puppy. My cat won't let me get a puppy.
I like Harper or Radley.
Have fun with your new writing partner.

Melissa Sarno said...

Ahhh!! That puppy is so cute. Congratulations. I don't know how to make the time go faster. But I love the names Harper or Radley :-) I went to BU for grad school too! Go terriers! Wheaton terriers that is ;-)

Kari Marie said...

Ahhh puppy! How to pass the next four weeks? Sleep. You will need it for all the playing with the puppy you will do.

Dawn Simon said...

Sooo cute! Sage, Cherry, and the puppies are all adorable!

I like each of the names you're thinking about. Other suggestions? Hmmm... Scout? Desdemona or Ophelia? Shakespeare?

So fun!! Have a blast with your new writing companion!

Colene Murphy said...

EEP!! Cute!!!

Meredith said...

Awww! Too cute! I love the idea of a literary nickname--all of those sound perfect to me!

Lenny Lee* said...

hi miss rachele! oh wow i love dogs. those pictures are sooooo cool for sure. im just real happy for you that you got a puppy on the way. maybe you could read a book on training a puppy while your waiting. i think another cool name coud be booker. mostly you gotta wait til you get your puppy and after you got it for a while youll know just the right name.
...hugs from lenny

Sophia the Writer said...

om frickin' god I love this post

Kara Mustafa said...

Awww! I love Harper. Scout is also a great name for a dog ;)

Kristan said...

I honestly thing Salinger is going to be the least effective name for a dog. Studies show 2 syllables + name ending in "ee" sound is the easiest for them, so I'd vote Radley or Harper (both of which are great!).

AND YAY FOR DOGGIES! I just got mine back from the kennel, after 11 days, and I just want to hug and kiss him all day. :)

Sarah Ahiers (Falen) said...

YAYAYAY! Congratulations! I love Wheatons (my cousins had one named Riley. He was so sweet and kind)
I think all those names are great. You may just have to wait until you finally meet him and see which name fits best

Kara said...

Cu-UTE! Congrats on the new puppy!

Cherie Reich said...

Awww!!! So cute! It makes me want a puppy, although the cats might not like it so much.

Eileen Wiedbrauk said...

Scout. Maybe I've just got To Kill a Mocking Bird on the brain.

I love the pic of Sage standing next to the pile of puppies. It's like look what I did. who knew?