Thursday, March 3, 2011

Best Cover Ever!

I seem to be on a Lord of the Flies kick. This post is going to have my second mention of the book this week.


I just discovered Libba Bray's new book Beauty Queens. How I did not know about this, I'm not sure. Seriously. Why is no one talking about it?


Here's the cover...

Waaaa! I mean, really...how awesome is this!?!


And here's her description of it, "I'm writing a book about a bunch of beauty queens whose plane crashes on a deserted island. It's Lord of the Flies meets Lost but with a bitchin' talent portion and lots of sequins. Stay tuned."


My mind cannot even behold the amazingness of this. In the words of Rachel Zoe, "I die."


It doesn't come out until the end of March, but in the meantime, if you haven't ever listened to her Printz acceptance speech, you must. It's hilarious...



And don't forget to enter my DIVERGENT arc contest. The contest closes on SUNDAY at MIDNIGHT! Each time you re-tweet, blog or Facebook, you get more entries. You can let me know if the comments if you do! Good luck!

10 comments:

Kristan said...

Now THAT'S high concept! Lol wow.

NiaRaie said...

I adore that cover. It IS kickass!

Diana said...

Looks great! New follower from crusade.

Stephanie said...

Ha ha, love the Rachel Zoe quote--I thought the same thing when I heard about this book. Libba Bray is so fearless and innovative and hilarious. This is probably my most anticipated book of 2011.

Ashley @ Book Labyrinth said...

Haha, I can't wait to check this one out. The cover is just fabulous!

Matthew Rush said...

Wow. Sounds crazy!

Meredith said...

I heart Libba Bray so much! Can't wait for this one--it's going to be crazily good, I know it!

Margo Berendsen said...

That is an amazing cover! A cover that prmpts me to read out of curiosity - instead of just "well, that's a pretty cover"

KO: The Insect Collector said...

wow- this wasn't on my radar either. Looks pretty rad.

Melissa Sarno said...

I haven't heard of this novel either, but I can't imagine why not. This is definitely going on my list! Sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing