Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Singing (err...Writing) in the Shower!

I think I've blogged about where I get my writing inspirations before. One of my number one places is in the shower. I read something once about the water charging neurons which makes your brain more active. Hmmm...not sure if that's true, but I come up with a lot of ideas while showering, through on my robe after and try to jot them down in my journal without dripping all over. It's kind of funny.

This may be one of the best new products I've found out there. Aqua Notes!


It's a waterproof notebook and pencil made especially for those ideas that strike in the shower. I'm totally getting it.

My novel may thank me, however I'm not sure how my water bill will look if I'm writing in the shower!

11 comments:

Kristan said...

Cute! I've seen a few writers mention tile markers too -- good for kids who want to draw during bath-time, and good for writers who need to jot something down mid-shower.

Krista Ashe said...

That is awesome!!! I get some of my best ideas in the shower as well as on the road. Luckily, once the idea comes, it stays there until I can write it down.

But I like the idea of the notepad and the tile markers!!

Amber Cuadra said...

Haha, that is brilliant! :)

Lisa Nowak said...

I've heard of these and was considering buying them, but we have a clawfoot tub with a shower curtain that goes all the way around it, so there's no wall to attach anything to.

What I've heard is it's the white noise that makes the shower a good place to brainstorm.

allison said...

That's the best! I've always gotten great ideas in the showers and thought I'd use markers to write them down, but I didn't even know about these tile markers people are talking about! I need to go shoppin'.

Jess said...

That's so cool! I may just have to get one :)

Sourire11 said...

That's a great little item!

love the new blog look, btw.

Jessica Bell said...

Oh my gosh! I want one! I always get ideas in the shower! haha. Whaddaya know ...

Melissa Sarno said...

That is SO AWESOME!! I have to have one of those...

Clawfoot Tub Shower said...

I have no doubt in my mind that there is something special about the air in the shower that just generates the best ideas. I'm not sure if the air is some how charged with positive ions or what but it's rare that I'm not rushing out of the shower to jot down new ideas... so I like this idea.. it may be a little awkward at first but at least I could enjoy my shower a little longer knowing my ideas will not be forgotten.

Okie said...

lol...nice.

What a cool find. It might be worth buying a pack just for the novelty factor.