Sunday, February 6, 2011

Hello, Gorgeous

I love shoes.

When I moved into our new house, I counted 46 pairs of just fall/winter shoes.

It's a bit much, I know, but how can you not love shoes?!?

So today's non-writing day (remember....I'm now starting the second week of my two week writing detox) was spent shopping with my mom and sister. The goal was to find a mother of the bride dress that didn't look matronly (my mom rocked the dresses at BCBG today), but I couldn't help but try on the shoes I'm dying to get for my wedding.

The Logan Glitter d'Orsay pumps by Jimmy Choo.

In the words of Carrie Bradshaw, "Hello, Gorgeous..."

You can see them in all their glory here.

So I had this dream that I could work to save up for them by doing extra supplemental jobs at work and selling some of my fingerless gloves on etsy. It's a ridiculous splurge so there is no way that I'd go into my savings for the shoes.

I had to try on a bigger pair today because Saks didn't have my size. The salesman checked other stores and informed me that there are only five pairs left in my size in the world! THE WORLD! FIVE PAIRS! He told me it's Jimmy Choo's way of keeping the shoes very exclusive.

Waa waa!

Something tells me I might have to start lusting over another (uhm...cheaper) pair of shoes! Dang it all!

7 comments:

Paigeewa said...

Dang that Jimmy Choo, why can't the rest of us plebes have sparkly designer shoes? Why can only celebrities have nice things?

But if you still want to have a little, yet more doable, splurge for shoes and were willing to go more funky for your wedding, Kate Spade has these

http://www.katespade.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4313582&cp=2632454.3124611

Which are $350 so you're saving about $150, but they're gold.

Rachele Alpine said...

Awww...thanks, Paige! Those shoes do rock! I totally want some kind of glitter shoe to wear with my dress. I want lots of sparkle!

Lisa Nowak said...

I am totally shoe ignorant. All I care about is that they're comfortable and not too ugly. I wear socks with my Birkenstocks, which I've been told is a real dorky thing to do, but it's completely acceptable here in Oregon, and it was a non-native who gave me a hard time for it. Basically, I'm pathetic. But I'm glad you can appreciate a good shoe. Way to go, doing your part to keep the shoe industry afloat. :)

Kristan said...

Haha, yeah, I'm with Lisa on this one. Only I don't even wear Birkenstocks, I just get cheapo shoes from Walmart, Payless and Old Navy.

I AM lusting over a pair of sexy heels from H&M (a whopping $35, which is pricey for me!!) but they don't fit quite right in the ankle, so I'm looking for alternatives.

Good luck on your shoe hunt! I'm sure it's a tad more important than mine.

Meredith said...

I love shoes dearly, but I can never justify spending so much on them. But this being your wedding day and all... :)

Emy Shin said...

Good luck on your hunt for shoes! I know nothing about shoes (and only ever wear flip-flops), but hose look really gorgeous, and definitely too expensive.

Jess said...

*sigh* Those are so pretty...(oh go on! buy them, buy them, buy them!)