Monday, February 7, 2011

Good News, Bad News and Pearls!

My agent sent me an e-mail this afternoon updating me about an editor request. She wanted both my manuscript and a synopsis.

Good news, right?

Right...but...

I didn't have a synopsis that reflected the revisions I had made on my novel. Doh!

I rushed home from work and settled down for a few hours of writing to revise my old synopsis.

I started working and realized that while I changed out of my work clothes, I still had on the pearl bracelet I had worn to work.

So I just went for it. Because we all know how classy it is to write in pajama pants and pearls!

Here's my modeling shot...


And my action shot...


And for those have followed my blog for awhile, you'll know that today isn't the first time I've worn pearls while writing. Here I am about a year ago stressing over a scene!


Now please excuse me. I need to give my synopsis one more read through before I hit send, take my pearls off and go to bed!

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

I LOVE pearls! My husband bought me a set before we got married; I wear them all the time. Gorgeous! How could you ever stress over a synopsis when you look oh so classy? :D

Good luck!

Paigeewa said...

Classy! There is nothing wrong with pajamas and pearls.

And not that I have any say in the matter as to where you go on your honeymoon but GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECE!

The unfortunate side affect with Greece is becoming obsessed with everything Greek and constantly craving gyros and souvlaki.

If you decide to go, book day trips and stuff through a travel agency so you can get a bus and a driver and a guide (though it'd probably be with other tourists, too) so you don't have to worry about driving in Greece because none of the street signs are in English. And definitely try and go to one of the islands. I couldn't recommend Greece more.

Kristan said...

Ooo, congrats and good luck!

Amy Lukavics said...

I WANT YOUR GLASSES! So, so badly.

Kendra S-L said...

You are just adorable.

FantasticFiction said...

Lol. I am going through the same now. Rewrite. New Synopsis. Publisher wants. Me hates writing synopsis. Cheers!