Saturday, January 29, 2011

What I've Been Doing When I'm Not Writing...

Now that my book is out of my hands, I can focus on the wedding. Today my main squeeze, mom and I went cupcake tasting. Uhm...yum!

We tasted a ton of flavors (vanilla, red velvet, chocolate, carrot, key lime, lemon, orange and spice) along with some amazing frostings. I pretty much destroyed my wedding diet for today, but it was totally worth it. I think we found our perfect combinations and we even got sent home with a container of extra cupcakes. This was one of the parts of wedding planning so far!

I also got my haircut and had my stylist try out a look for the wedding. Today we went curly. What do you think?


I like it, but my wedding is at the end of July. I'm thinking that may be too hot for curls. It's hard to find something for short hair. I still need a veil, so we're going to try some new styles after that.

Speaking of veils...I found my wedding dress and LOVE it. I can't share that with you, but how about a peek at one of my rejects. We had to laugh at how much fabric this dress had. I felt like a southern belle!


What about you? What have you been doing when you're not writing?

6 comments:

Jess said...

GORGEOUS dress!!! Seriously, it's amazing. And OMG, July is not too hot for curls. It would be perfect actually, because they would stay nice and fresh for the ceremony, but by the reception the curl would lessen and become loose and sexy waves for fun/dancing. Just my opinion :)

Paigeewa said...

As a naturally curly girl, I can promise that curling iron curls and a short hair cut will not be too hot for July. Plus, hair is typically shorter when it's curled than when it's long, so it'll stay off your neck and be cool. And I'm a fan of little birdcage veils for the summer because it's cooler, too, but that's depending on your dress!

Kristan said...

Mostly I've been eating... Lots of social events lately.

Yowza, to the reject dress. Some people love that look, though. I'm a more simple gal myself.

The hair is cute!! But yah, in July, I don't know. Also depends on humidity and hair type, because I know some women's curls could become frizz...

I'm sure you'll look fab no matter what!

Emy Shin said...

I really like the curls, but do agree that it might be difficult to sustain in July. Good luck with all the wedding preparations!

Meredith said...

What a fun way to spend your free time! That dress is very Southern belle ;)

Lisa Nowak said...

Those cupcakes sound awesome. I'm jealous. And your haircut is so cute. :)