Thursday, December 2, 2010

Nervous

A lot of you know that my agent and I took a break after our first round of submissions for CANARY. I've been working on revisions since late August (uhm, yeah...that makes it sound like I had a lot of revisions to do! Not really, just a full time job and revisions and moving and wedding planning...phew!).

Anyways, the revisions are done and I sent the new draft to my agent about three weeks ago. We're having a phone conference today to talk about the book and our next round of submissions. I'm excited but nervous too. I'm hoping she likes my changes and that this round of submissions brings some very exciting news!

I'll keep you posted on her feedback and whether we're ready to submit again. In the meantime, what makes you nervous about your writing?

9 comments:

Kristan said...

What makes me nervous? Hmm... Stages I haven't gotten to yet (submissions, mostly) so I do my best not to think/worry about them yet.

Good luck! I'm crossing my fingers for ya. :)

Krista Ashe said...

Good luck!!! I'll be thinking of you!!!

Shari Arnold said...

Good luck!! I've got my fingers crossed for you!

Jess said...

How exciting! Best of luck on the next round of submissions :)

Congratulations on the wedding planning~ a good friend of mine just got engaged, and we're having fun with all the little details.

Kara Mustafa said...

Good luck! I'm in the same boat. We just did a round of revisions and are polishing up for round 2 of submissions!

Melissa Sarno said...

Good luck Rachele! That is so very exciting and I wish you and Canary a lot of success. I'm pretty neurotic about my writing. Right now I'm nervous that I'm not ready to take on the novel I'm starting (it's a genre I've never written before, YA) and that the novel I am querying will never find representation. Baah.

SWK said...

Wishing you the best of luck! - Stasia

Colene Murphy said...

Eep! Good luck! Fingers are crossed for you!

Amy Lukavics said...

GOOD LUCK!!!! I can't wait until I can finally read CANARY. :) :) :) Have some gummy peaches to dull the nerves!! <3