Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Shop Borders This Weekend

I'm switching to high school English teacher for this post.

Borders is giving customers a $15.00 gift card voucher for every purchase (books, music, even coffee or a bagel). This voucher will be used to make a donation to the public school of your choice through Donorschoose.org.

I urge you to go and make a purchase to donate to a school of your choice (and if you don't have one, e-mail me at rachelealpine@gmail.com and I'll hook you up with my school. We would greatly appreciate any donations).

It's soooooo important to get good books into our schools (especially YA literature) so kids want to keep reading.

Please consider going to Borders this weekend. You can check out the information here.

5 comments:

Kara Mustafa said...

Thanks for posting this! I didn't know Borders was doing this :)

Janet Johnson said...

Very cool! I didn't know they were doing this either.

Melanie said...

Wow, I'm going to really try to get to my local borders (well, it's 30 min away, but worth it!). I meant to go last weekend to cash in a coupon, but I keep getting emailed new ones, so I will totally try to take advantage of this. Thanks for the info :-)

Colene Murphy said...

Hey, wow that is really cool! Thanks for the info! Will definitely have to check them out this weekend.

Kelly said...

What a great program! Thanks for spreading the word!
Schools do need books. I usually give a gift card and a book for the classroom for my kids' teachers at the holidays. My inlaws donate $ to the schools for their libraries too. These days there is not much of a budget for the school libraries!