Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Must Read Books

Gayle Forman (who wrote one of my favorite YA books, If I Stay, which is one of the top five books I highly recommend to my high school students) wrote an article about her favorite books for NPR (one of my Sirius radio addictions...I love NPR and my main squeeze makes fun of my excitement to have two choices on Sirius and one on regular radio of what to listen to at any given time).

She recommends her top five books of the year. Two I've read (Before I Fall and The Sky is Everywhere), one I'm dying to read but haven't had time (The Mockingbird) and one sounds like something I would love (The Things a Brother Knows).

Check out her recommendations and thoughts on each book here.

Have you read any of these books? Or Gayle's book? What are your thoughts?

2 comments:

Kristan said...

I really want to read Gayle's book, and the follow-up. Also, I have THINGS A BROTHER KNOWS, but I haven't gotten to it yet.

Emilia Plater said...

I really want to read the Mockingbirds! And I absolutely have to read The Sky Is Everywhere very very soon. :)