Tuesday, November 23, 2010

2011 Debut Author Challenge

The Story Siren is holding a challenge where you sign up to read twelve books by twelve debut authors next year. Since three of the books coming out are from members of my super awesome Cleveland book club, I felt that it was completely necessary to sign up for the challenge.

The first three are to show my book club love:
1) A Touch Mortal (Leah Clifford)
2) Liar Society (Lisa and Laure Roecker)
3) Witch Eyes (Scott Tracey)

The rest are based off of blogs that I love or books hyped on blogs that I love. I have a feeling that there are a lot more books coming out that I have yet to discover.

4) XVI (Julia Karr)
5) Across the Universe (Beth Revis)
6) Like Mandarin (Kirsten Hubbar)
7) Bumped (Megan McCafferty)
8) Divergent (Veronica Roth)
9) Possession (Elana Johnson)
10) Bad Taste in Boys (Carrie Harris)
11) Audition (Stasia Ward Kehoe)
12) Paper Covers Rock (Jenny Hubbard)

What books are you looking forward to reading?

If you want to join the challenge...check it out here!

10 comments:

Melissa Gill said...

Great contest. Many of those are on my list. I'm especially excited about Across the Universe and Possession, but many of those sound really good.

Matthew Rush said...

I have read excerpts of several of these books and I am so excited for all of the ones I was aware of, but here are some new ones to look into as well. Thanks Rachele!

Guinevere said...

Fantastic challenge! I did it last year but didn't pick my books out beforehand... that's a good idea.

Kristan said...

A few of those are on my 2011 list as well... I'm also looking forward to Jamie Ford's next book, although I don't know if that will be 2011 or 2012.

Lisa and Laura said...

Holla for the book club!!! We've missed you Rachele! When are you coming back!?! Tommy's Dec 16th 7 PM YOU by Charles Benoit.

Naomi Ruth said...

This sounds like a really good idea. I will most definitely check it out.

the story siren said...

thanks so much for joining the challenge!! good luck and happy reading!

SWK said...

Just saw my book on your list! Hope you like it. Happy to have discovered your blog and look forward to following. All best, Stasia

Scott Tracey said...

Aww! Thanks so much for adding WITCH EYES! And I have to reiterate what Lisa said - when are you coming back to book club??? :)

kirsty at the overflowing library said...

you have a fab selection of books picked out!! I found you through the story siren's website and am now a new follower. Good luck with the challenge.