Monday, August 16, 2010

Trying To Juggle It All

Today is an awesome day outside. The sky is blue, there's a great breeze and I turned my air conditioner off. It's the perfect day for my last day of summer.

I have to go back to work tomorrow.

Boo!

While I'll miss sleeping in, going on morning walks and having lots o'time to write, I am looking forward to going back to work and seeing my coworkers and students.

I spent my last day nice and easy. I slept in, went walking, read, wrote, knitted and sat outside. Nothing too exciting, but a great relaxing day.

This coming school year has me a bit anxious. I'm worried about fitting it all, but aren't we all worried about fitting it all in? I will be teaching full time, taking classes for my MFA, planning a wedding, working on my next book and hopefully buying/moving into a new house (we've been looking for nine months...we have to find something soon, right!?!).

Everything ahead of me is fun and awesome, but I worry about finding time for it all. I don't want to neglect anything, and I'm afraid that may happen.

In saying that, I am going to try to juggling everything around.

Including this blog.

I love posting every day, but as you can see from the last two weeks, I haven't been able to post as early as I've wanted to. So I've decided that instead of posting every single day, I'm going to cut back to Monday, Wednesday and Friday posts. I'll still be around, but cutting back will allow me to devote the right amount of time towards everything I love.

I hope you all don't mind!

And on that note...I'm heading back outside to read and enjoy the last few hours of summer vacation!


9 comments:

Sandy Shin said...

It seems you will be busy the upcoming school year, but hopefully, it will be the good kind of busy. And Monday-Wednesday-Friday posting schedule is a great one. Good luck!

Kristan said...

"I will be teaching full time, taking classes for my MFA, planning a wedding, working on my next book and hopefully buying/moving into a new house (we've been looking for nine months...we have to find something soon, right!?!)."

Holy smokes, lady!! That's insane. If you can keep up with even MWF with all that going on, I will be impressed.

Lenny said...

hi miss rachele! wow you gotta be a juggler for sure. you dont need to post stuff every day. mostly i put stuff on my blog just 1 time a week and that ok. i hope you get to be a really good juggler and get all that stuff done.
...smiles from lenny

Jen said...

I find myself stressed all year round, especially now that I'm doing this blog along with regularly writing. You sound like quite the juggler and I'm sure at first getting back into things will be tough but you'll get it worked out!!!

I look forward to those awesome posts you post when you get the chance :)

Dianne K. Salerni said...

Juggling it all IS very tricky, and I know just how stressful the beginning of a school year is. Good luck to you in all your endeavors -- and be sure to let us know how it's going!

Melissa Gill said...

That sounds like a great solution. You certainly have a lot on your plate. But I find sometimes I'm more productive the more I have to do.

Good luck with you coming school year, both as teacher and student. And good luck with the house search and wedding planning.

Krista Ashe said...

Wow, you do have a lot on your plate right now. I think the most important thing you need to remember is to take some time for yourself. Surviving planning a wedding and moving are waaay intense...okay, I've only moved, not married, but I see what happened with my buddies, lol.

I hope you have a great school year. When they're writing some, try to sneak in some writing time! lOL

Good luck!

chris campbell said...

When are you finished with your MFA? Mine ends January 2011. Why don't you elope? Think of all the writing you could do in its place! Teaching--I've learned to limit assignments and not feel the need to correct everything.

Good luck with the upcoming school year, your writing, and everything in between!

Lisa Nowak said...

May you find all the time you need to fit in everything you love.

I think you're wise to cut back on the blogging. You've got a lot on your plate.