Friday, July 16, 2010

Summer Contest

Jen Daiker is featuring me on her blog today. Make sure you check out her blog; she's asked me just about anything you want to know about my writing and journey to publishing.

I thought this would be a great time for a contest to both celebrate the readers I already have and welcome any news ones who may come to visit after reading Jen's blog.

I call this my summer of fun blog pack and it's full of some random crazy stuff that kind of sort of has to do with writing!


Here is what you'll get if you win the prize pack:

Suzanne Young's book The Naughty List. The name alone sounds like a good beach read, and I think you'll love this book.


A handmade notebook. It's made out an Indian newspaper and has a fabric bird hand stitched on the cover. This is perfect to throw in your purse and carry around to jot down writing ideas.


A pen that looks and smells (yippee!) like watermelon! I have one and have to stop every few minutes while I'm writing to smell it. It's so good!


Princess shaped rubber bandzz to make your arm look beautiful while writing. Nothing says, "I'm writing the next great novel," than princess rubber bandzz. You can write that novel in style!

In case you want to take a break while writing, you'll win a pair of these awesome straw glasses. Your liquid travels around your face before you drink and apparently, they look pretty hot on a date when drinking milkshakes!


Writing is always hard work, and you'll need a sugar fix. You'll win a Hello Kitty Pez dispenser to fuel those late night ideas.


Procrastination is one of my biggest enemies while writing. What better way to procrastinate then to create some magnetic hair styles for this beautiful lady?!


I couldn't resist throwing this in. I bought two packs while in Boston and put one of them in my main squeeze's medicine cabinet. He loooooves bacon. I didn't tell him and he used it for a few days before figuring it out. The best part (or grossest) is that it tastes like bacon!


Let's see that rocking prize pack one more time...


If that's not a summer writing pack, I don't know what is!

Entering is easy. All you need to do is be a follower and give me your best writing advice/tip. It can be funny, earnest, heartfelt, off the wall...whatever you want. Just share some advice!

How to get entries:
1 point each piece of writing advice you share (you can enter as many times as you want)

3 points for each tweet, blog post and/or Facebook shout out you do.

You'll have until 9:00 p.m. Wednesday night (July 21) to enter. Share your advice and spread the word...you don't want to lose out on that bacon floss! I'll share your writing advice/tip in a post to all my readers.

Enter now!

11 comments:

Jen said...

Oh my gosh this is the cutest prize pack Rachele!!! I love it!!! I'm going to enter in on the fabulous fun!!!

Thanks for answering all the questions, I had so much fun and glad to have posted it on my Featured Writers Week!!!

Happy Friday!

Justine Dell said...

I agree with Jen, that is the best prize pack evvvver!

~JD

Matthew Rush said...

I'm not gonna take part in the contest but I just wanted to say you are funny! What a funny pack of stuff.

Shooting Stars Mag said...

what a fun giveaway, thank you!!

-lauren

Nomes (inkcrush) said...

you are too cool. cutest prize pack I've seen... probably ever :)

xx

Mina Carlisle said...

Thanks for the comment! I vote he becomes my boyfriend too, but we shall see.

And again, adorable prize pack, the notebook alone is precious and I would love to read The Naughty List to see what it says, especially considering my current state of having a boy-whatever.

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I'm glad you like the idea of an LGBT blog. I have it set up for people to follow now...but the grand opening will be in a few weeks or so:

http://letsgetbeyondtolerance.blogspot.com/


-lauren

Meredith said...

I agree with everyone: this is the cutest prize pack ever! I want pens that smell like fruit now :)

Dawn Simon said...

What a fun prize pack! Perfect for summer!

Christina Lee said...

OMG I love all of this swag! woo-hoo!

Lisa Nowak said...

No need to enter me in the contest, but I wanted to say I loved the interview. The idea of that pizza on the grill is almost enough to make me want to visit Ohio. But maybe not in the summer. Or the winter. ;)