Monday, July 5, 2010

Success Is Mine

Quick update....I finally finished typing up my notebooks!

You can't imagine how satisfied it felt to close the third one. That was a process that took hours. I doubt I'll ever let myself get that behind again. Transcribing is not fun!

After all was said and done, I had "handwritten" 16, 789 words.

When I typed them out into scenes (with page breaks/chapters), it equaled 88 pages of writing.

Not a bad start to the book!

I have a lot of parts that I'll need to add to (or flesh out as everyone in my MFA program says) and there are missing scenes, but I have a pretty decent start.

I'm trying to silence the self-editor and just keep typing. I don't want to revisit the work yet; I'm going to try really hard to leave that for the second round.

So that was my big accomplishment this weekend. What about you? Did you accomplish any good writing or reading things this weekend? Or did you just have a great holiday weekend? Do share!

6 comments:

Talli Roland said...

Sounds like you were very productive! I had a lazy weekend. It was a nice change.

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Wow. That's a lot of typing - great job. I did absolutely zero writing this weekend. :-)

Kristan said...

I wrote about 65% of a scene that had been eluding me, but otherwise I mostly used the weekend to rest up. :P

Glad you got caught up!

Mina Carlisle said...

Go you! That's awesome and that's a ton of handwriting! I know it was over the course of time, but I'm surprised your hand didn't fall off!

My big accomplishment this weekend was starting to get things for my new apartment, like pots and dishes and an awesome flamingo shower curtain!

Mina Carlisle said...

I don't know the best way to reply back, but I start student teaching August 2, for the whole pre-planning week and the the entire first week of school until I just have to do four hours a week the rest of the year and then I'm full-time in January! It's scary and exciting all at once!

Lisa Nowak said...

Wow, it must be such a relief to be finished!