Thursday, July 8, 2010

Printz Speeches

I watched Libba Bray's speech after receiving the Printz Award the other day for Going Bovine. I haven't read the book yet, although I own a copy and plan to.

Her speech is pretty funny; she's a great speaker and I'm jealous of the ease she seems to be showing. I become a crazy freaked out fool in front of an audience of people. Never mind, that I'm a teacher and a theatre minor....there's just something about talking in front a big group.

Anyways, check out her speech....it's awesome and worth watching. I mean, for crying out loud, she thanks Spanx in her speech! I love it!

It got me thinking of another Printz Award winner (okay, okay, this is where my regular readers start to groan and say, here she goes again...babbling on about John Green). But really, how can I help not think about Looking for Alaska when I think about the Printz.

Of course, I had to find his speech. How could I not!? How have I never seen it before!?

I couldn't find a good copy of him giving the speech, but he posts a written transcript of it on his website. You can read it here.

The two are completely different, but both amazing in their own ways. If you have a minute, check out the speeches.


3 comments:

Kristan said...

Thanks for the links! I always find stuff like this motivating. Which will be particularly useful today, as I am exhausted and "not feeling it".

Matthew Rush said...

Interesting. Thanks Rachele.

Kathleen said...

Libba Bray is all kinds of awesome. Going Bovine reminded me of Douglas Adams and Christopher Moore which is, coming from me, like, insane praise.