Wednesday, July 21, 2010

One Of Those Days

Please tell me you've had days like I had today?

I was up last night until about two writing because I didn't want to lose my ideas.

I woke up early, went for a walk and sat down to type up my ideas.

But I just couldn't focus.

I stared at the computer for over two hours, getting up, walking away, coming back.

I wrote half a page.

I then went to sit on the couch for a minute and fell asleep for almost two hours.

Two hours, people! What the heck!?

I've come up with the conclusion that my brain is too full of writing.

I think I need a break!

10 comments:

Lisa Nowak said...

Take a walk! Seriously, that really helps me sort out my ideas. If you have a digital recorder, take it along. Something about the physical activity uses up just enough brainpower to let the rest of your brain focus on the story.

Meredith said...

I hate when I feel guilty about naps! You just have to trust that it will be better tomorrow :)

Vicki Rocho said...

Yesterday was like that for me. I sat and stared at the WIP, even tried revising (anything to be productive) but it just was not there. I tried working on my Shiny New Idea but that was a bust. So, I went to bed. I think I was tired and that's why my creativity was hiding.

SWK said...

Honestly, I have too many days like this! Great post. Thanks! - Stasia

Girlinbetween said...

it feels like this is all i've been feeling lately...

Lenny said...

hi miss rachele! yep sounds like you need to get a break for sure. i hope you get some all night sleeps.
...smiles from lenny

Falen (Sarah) said...

oh yeah, i've had dasy like. I try to get myself to write a page (or if i can't do that, then a paragraph. or a sentence. Or a word) and then i give myself permission to try again tomorrow. It almost always works

Janet Johnson said...

Breaks are good. :)

Good luck!

apalfrey said...

I took a break and came back fresh. it helps. read a couple of books and had a holiday! woo hoo!

Chris Campbell said...

The next time you get stuck, try writing a haiku or short poem. Oftentimes putting words down that make you think differently about writing can get you over the hump. Of course, it doesn't seem to work for me...but I do have some nice haikus!