Thursday, July 22, 2010

Knitting Nerd

Thanks for all the good thoughts and encouragement yesterday.

I took your advice and didn't write today.

It was nice to have a break and I'm a lot more relaxed.

Instead of writing I knitted (yeah, yeah, I'm a knitting nerd! You probably forgot about that geeky habit I mentioned a few times in this blog!).

Knitting is so relaxing, though, and taking some time off from writing allowed me to finish the scarf I've been working on. The main squeeze and I are heading to Napa and San Francisco next week, so it's the perfect piece to bring for a trip to California!

My MacBook camera doesn't do it justice, but the colors are amazing!

Here's the scarf around my neck...


It's really big when it's not tied!


Here's an idea of all the colors in it, but you really need to see it in person to appreciate the colors. It's full of blues and purples and greens...I love it!


Now I'm about to head out to dinner with some of my friends....hope your day is going well!

11 comments:

Meredith said...

What a cute scarf! I love the color scheme. Have an awesome time in California!

Vicki Rocho said...

That's beautiful!

I'm a crochet nerd myself, (though I'd love to learn to knit) and I haven't made anything in a really long time.

Jen said...

Okay so I'm officially jealous!!! Is it easy to knit? Inexpensive... It seems like an amazing stress reliever and if I learned how to do it I would so love to make one!!! Oh yes if you are willing to reveal your secrets please email me!!! I'd love to know how you do it!!

So not nerdy... or if it is than I'm a nerd crushing over the nerdiness!!

Christina Lee said...

LOVE IT! Umm care to make your Cleveland friend one of those scarfs (and totally charge me!) Please, pretty please?

Bronwyn Scott-McCharen said...

That scarf is gorgeous! I've always wanted to learn how to knit

Pretty Knitty said...

love (1000) Great scarf!

Emily White said...

I love to knit! It IS relaxing. In fact, I should probably get back to the wrap I was working on. :o

Your scarf looks beautiful, by the way!

Melissa Gill said...

Love the scarf. I knit to relax too. It's something I can do while reading to justify both activities. Hope you have fun in California. If you get a chance to visit Somoma while your in wine country, it's well worth the trip.

Lenny said...

wow that a pretty long scarf. bet it took lots of knitting for sure. one picture looks like a big hammock. wow that would be soooo much work to knit a hammock. the colours are real pretty. that last picture shows it best. my mom was a knitter. she did a sweater for me once. i put it in the wash and in the dryer and it only fit the dog after that. ha ha.
...smiles from lenny

Jen said...

Okay so you gave me insane inspiration and I've joined the knitting nerdy team!!! Although I will say that mine doesn't look like yours, being a beginner I think I'm still learning, which is to be expected!!!

Still I'd love your secret, what method you use :)

Lisa Nowak said...

Oooh, that's beautiful. I'm not so into knitting myself, but I have a soft spot for knitters because so many of my writing friends also knit. They even invite me to their knitting group, though I usually spend the time playing with my beads.