Thursday, July 15, 2010

I Write Like

Have you heard of the site I WRITE LIKE? You enter a passage of your story, novel, blog, whatever and it will tell you what writer's style you are most like.

I entered a chapter of CANARY and got Lauren Conrad.

Okay, I'm kidding...ba ha ha! Good one, right!?!

Actually, the site told me I write like Vladimir Nabokov. His writing is beautiful and he's one of my favorite writers, but I do not dare to compare my writing to the level of his.

I then entered the new book I'm writing and it said I write like Chuck Palahniuk. Uhm, awesome!

Let's just pretend this thing works, okay? I'd love to write in similar styles to these authors!


Put a sample of your writing in and let me know who you write like. I'd love to hear!

10 comments:

Mina Carlisle said...

Haha, I love this website so much. Other things I've written (like my blogs) have churned out Stephen King and Kurt Vonnegut, who I love.

What I like about it is how it can see subtle differences in two different things you write.

Kristan said...

Haha, yeah, a few days ago it told me I write like Stephen King and/or Dan Brown. One of those bothers me, one of those doesn't. Neither of them strike me as being particularly true. :P

Eliana said...

I copied in my most recent fan fic and got James Joyce. This is an awesome website.

Kara said...

I got David Foster Wallace :)

Nomes (inkcrush) said...

I got Stephen King... (?)

:)

Jen said...

I laughed out loud when I saw Lauren Conrad, I was like really? She made the list? LOL good one!!

Lydia Kang said...

I put three excerpts in there and got David Foster Wallace every time. I guess it's consistent!
Hey thanks for following my blog! I'm following your too!
:)

Rose Cooper said...

I got Stephen King too. Hmmm...

apalfrey said...

I got James Joyce.guess I'll have to check him out. :)

bclement412 said...

Haha I used a passage with a bunch of swear words and got Stephen King, aand then I got....

...wait for it....

Stephanie Stinkin Meyer. Um whaa?