Wednesday, July 14, 2010

CANARY On Kindle

My main squeeze just got a new toy this weekend...

He's OBSESSED with the Kindle and can't really figure out why I have no interest in one (uhm...it might have something to do with the actual physical act of reading a book and all the senses that are involved when you're not just reading uniform words on a computer screen, but who am I to judge!?).

Anyway, I e-mailed him my document of CANARY and it showed up like an actual book (okay, it is an actual book, but it now looks like a published book. You know, like one you can buy through Amazon.com!)...


And it reformatted it all (although there were random times it didn't want to indent throughout the book). If I wanted to, I could sit and read my entire book on the Kindle...


I may still be a skeptic of digital reading, but I have to admit, seeing my book on the Kindle is pretty cool!

7 comments:

Christina Lee said...

Now THAT is AWESOME all the way around!!!!!!

Kristan said...

Hee! Isn't it fun? I did that with my iTouch and Andy's iPad. :)

(Just wait till it's real!!)

Nomes (inkcrush) said...

that is so cool :) Love your opening paragraphs :)

Medeia Sharif said...

I bought my Kindle last week. I love it.

That's so cool to see your own novel on one. I haven't loaded my work on mine yet.

Girlinbetween said...

awww, that is so cool!

Charlie said...

I don't think I could read a whole novel on Kindle. I'd miss the weight of the book in my hands, its feel and smell. Reading a regular book is more gentle on the eyes than staring at a computer screen. Besides, I love a nice book cover. Most of the time it's what attracted me to the book in the first place :) Great blog!

Bronwyn Scott-McCharen said...

Ahh...very cool! That looks awesome :)