Saturday, June 19, 2010

Reading Update

I have been reading like a fool, but I haven't been posting the books that I've read. Even though it's the weekend, I wanted to post my recent reading or I will never be able to keep track of it all.

Book Number 17:
Boys and Girls Like You and Me (Aryn Kyle) 225 pages
Aryn Kyle's first book, The God of Animals, is one of my favorite books, so I was so excited to read this. It's a collection of short stories and every single one of them is magnificent. If you haven't read anything by her yet, please do so...I think you may fall in love!

Book Number 18:
Love You, Hate You, Miss You (Elizabeth Scott) 288 pages
This is a dark gritty novel, but it has a lot of heart and you root for the main character. I passed it on to a bunch of students before the year ended and they all gave it a thumbs up.

Book Number 19:
A Summer to Die (Lois Lowry) 160 pages
I read this book back when I was a teen, but I came across a copy and it was a quick read. I'm not sure if I'd classify it as YA, but if it is, then teens were a lot more innocent in their reading back then!

Book Numer 20:
Dreamland (Sarah Dessen) 256 pages
I loved this book. In fact, I read it in a day and a half...I carried it everywhere with me because I couldn't put it down.

Book Number 21:
Liar (Justine Larbalestier) 384 pages
This was our book club book and sparked a lot of debate! I need to find more people who have read it, so I can hear their opinions also.

Book Number 22:
The Sky is Everywhere (Jandy Nelson) 288 pages
This book was beautiful. It took me a few tries to get into it, but once I got about 30 pages in, I couldn't put it down. I slowed down at the end because I didn't want it to end.

2 comments:

Nomes said...

LOL @ reading like a fool! I love all Of Elizabeth Scotts books. Stealing heaven is my fave, but LYHYMY ties in second place with perfect you. I really liked it.

I found Liar an interesting book to read. Definitely a great pick for a book club! I've never really read another book like it, and while it's not a fave of mine - whoah, is she a good author. I t would be so hard to write that book!

I cant wait to reads the sky is everywhere! Should come in the mail this week :)

Kristan said...

Great list! I'm working on THE BOOK THIEF by Markus Zusak. It's adult in its native Australia, but YA here in America.