Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Introducing....Kate

Have you heard of Emilia Plater?

Have you read her blog?

If you haven't, you must head over there because she's talented, hilarious and even more peppy than me!

A few weeks ago she ran a super awesome contest that I won! Woo-hoo!

I got a copy of Some Girls Are (which I preceded to share with all my students....Courtney Summers is taking over my school!) and...

A drawing of my main character!

How great is that!?

I sent her a description of Kate from CANARY:

She's average height, thin with brown hair that no matter how much she tries to flat iron it, it doesn't stay straight (she mentions how she envies girls with perfect hair). I don't have a ton of description about her, but she does catch the attention of a popular boy on the basketball team. She goes to a private school (Beacon) and wear a plaid uniform skirt with a blouse during the day and often wears jeans and her boyfriend's practice jersey (also Beacon) to his games. I mentioned she wears jeans, ballet flat, tank tops, sweaters...nothing too crazy. Beacon's colors are maroon and yellow if you do something with their jerseys. Oh, and on game day she'll wear a ribbon in her hair that is Beacon's colors.

And this is my first ever picture of Kate!

Uhm...I love love LOVE it!!!

8 comments:

Creepy Query Girl said...

Congratulations! Great description and I love 'Punk Writer Kid'. She's awesome!

LilyMeade said...

Wow. (In a good way.)

Sandy Shin said...

Oh wow. Emilia is really, really AMAZING.

apalfrey said...

awesome!!! and congrats!

Jess said...

Wow! That's really cool! And what a fantastic picture! :)

Stephanie Jenkins said...

Awesome drawing, ladies! :D

Lisa Nowak said...

That's totally cool!

Emilia Plater said...

*maniacal laughter* It was my pleasure to draw :D Thanks for the awesome comments guys! <333