Friday, June 11, 2010

Heading to Boston!

My flight to Boston leaves in five hours and I've yet to pack.

Apparently, painting my nails and blogging are much more important things to do!

Thanks for such great questions, everyone! I look forward to answering them in the next two weeks of travel!

I'm going to start with some of my Boston questions today...

Kara (who will also be in Boston this weekend!) asked...
Yankee fan or Red Sox fan?

Red Sox all the way! My stop for Boston University was Fenway, so when I had my Monday night Creative Writing class, I often got off among crowds of Red Sox fans. I learned fast to be a Red Sox fan because on one of my first nights they had a huge Sox poster (probably about ten feet by five feet) in the subway that a bunch of people were asking fans to sign. A guy asked me to sign it and I said, "No thanks, I'm an Indians fan." People started booing me to the point where I ran away and promised to never mention anything but the Red Sox in Boston!

Janet Johnson asked...
I've never been to Boston, so...if you only had one day to visit Boston, what would you go see?

This is the perfect questions because I'll only be in Boston for three full days. One day we're going to Salem, one day to Nantucket, and then one day in the city. So...what I want to do that day is go to Boston University, walk down Newbury Street (my favorite street with a mix of fancy expensive stores, funky boutiques, outdoor cafes and awesome electic bookstores), get ice-cream at J P Licks (oatmeal cookie dough ice-cream), get a Jamba Juice, visit the yarn store by my old apartment that I used to go to, see Trinity Church and hopefully (if we have time) go to Cambridge for a little more shopping.

Okay, I better go pack!

But first, I do believe I promised an autographed copy of 13 Reasons Why to a lucky winner who submitted questions.

I put all the names in my Kenyon mug (I couldn't find my BU one)...

I dug my hand in...

And pulled out Christina Lee's name!

Woo-hoo! And...I had the pleasure of meeting Christina (along with Lisa and Laura Roecker, Chelsea Swiggett, two YA Rebels and some other great writers) at our Cleveland Teen Book Club! It was a great night, and I can't wait for next month's meeting!

Christina...I'll bring your copy of the book to next month's book club! Congrats!

Enjoy the weekend, everyone!

4 comments:

Christina Lee said...

woot woot!!!!!!!!!SO excited!!! Have a great weekend!

Kendra S-L said...

Boston in the summer. Bestest place to be evah! You still here?

Kara said...

I wasn't allowed into a restaurant near Fenway this weekend because I'm not 21, so I'm very bitter towards the Red Sox!

Janet Johnson said...

The oatmeal chocolate chip cookie dough ice-cream sounds fabulous! I'm memorizing the name now, J P Licks, J P Licks, J P Licks . . . .

And congrats Christina!