Thursday, June 17, 2010

Call Me Gullible

So last night my main squeeze and I went out with some friends that were visiting from Arizona. We went to an amazing new restaurant that I highly recommend to my Cleveland readers (and future Cleveland visitors!) and then sat outside at one of my favorite bars in the area. This bar is amazing because they bake chocolate chip cookies all night! What's better than walking in somewhere and smelling cookies cooking!?

Anyways, we're sitting outside and there was a woman at another table telling fortunes.

Yep. That's where the gullible part comes in.

The couple we were with got their palms read, so I had to do it too.

I'm not supposed to repeat everything she said, but one of the things she told me was that I have two careers that are competing. One I do now, and the other is what I want to do. She said the second one involves using my hands and my brain. She I'm waiting on something with the second career. She assured me that it would all work out.

She also said that I have not been able to stop thinking about an idea for the second career and I need to work on the thoughts in my head, get them out and that is what will lead me to my second career.

Of course, I thought about my book on submission and the book that's thumping around in my head. That's totally what she meant, right!?

Okay, okay, I know that palm reading is all craziness and you can read into it, but I don't care. I'm going to go work on the story that's in my head and get it out!

5 comments:

Kristan said...

Hehe. What I think is that sometimes, the world tells you what you need to hear. And that message can come in all different shapes, sizes, or mediums (some pun intended).

Get to it, girl!

Janet Johnson said...

Go you! If inspiration hits, no need to question the source, right? :)

Creepy Query Girl said...

Oh, I TOTALLY believe in fortune tellers. I once tried to learn to read tarot cards but I ended up just realizing I'm about as psychic as a piece of wood...

Emilia Plater said...

Haha! If anything, you can use it for inspiration! :))

Lisa Nowak said...

I'm like Fox Mulder. "I want to believe." :)