Saturday, May 15, 2010

Page A Day Challenge

We interrupt this weekend with a blog post!

What?

Gasp!

I never blog on the weekend!

But this one is important, folks...

Today is the start of Weronika's Page-A-Day-Challenge. The challenge is simple (well, it should be simple; I just need to make the time!). You write a page of your novel a day. We're just doing it for a month, but her reasoning is that if you do this for a whole year, you may just have a completed novel on your hands.

I thought it would be a great way to lead me into my summer writing. I've decided to hand write my pages and will type it all up once the summer starts. I've been doing this for about two months, but I think the push of this challenge will make me write even more. I'm hoping for a pretty good chunk of my novel to be done so I can get deep into it this summer.

I'll be giving updates along the way. I'm hoping I'll be able to write a page a day (and then some!). Wish me luck!

Now go outside and enjoy the weekend!

9 comments:

Talli Roland said...

What a great challenge. Good luck!

Kristan said...

Good luck!

K. M. Walton said...

Hi Rachele - found you via Weronika's blog. I'm in the challenge as well...wanted to wish you luck!

Amy Jo Lavin said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I hope you had success for your first day of the challenge. I'm impressed that you write by hand! :) Good luck with the rest of the challenge!

Lisa Nowak said...

This is such a great idea, and you'd think it would be easy to do, but right now I'm having a hard enough time just answering my emails! I'm in the editing stage with my WIP, anyway. My goal was to polish a chapter a day, but I'm failing miserably.

Sangu said...

I love challenges and processes like this. It always makes the daunting task of writing a book seem so much more stress-free and achievable!

Of course, I have such an erratic writing process (20 pages a day or nothing usually), but I'd love to learn some discipline!

Heidi Willis said...

So fun to meet new people through this challenge too! I'm in with you, so off we go!

And I love that you write by hand! I do a lot of that too. :)

Okie said...

Sounds like a great idea. Go for it. Best of luck!

Kathy Fenton White said...

Rachele, we seem to think alike!

I also get some of my best ideas in the shower. I tried to think of a way to write things down while in the shower....waterproof bag over my iPhone so I can type it out, waterproof voice recorder, kids bathtub crayons, etc.(lol)

Good luck with the challenge!