YA author Veronica Roth told her blog audience that if her book DIVERGENT found an editor, she would swim in a bathtub full of marshmallows. Well, guess whose book just got picked up in an awesome deal? Yep! You can check out her "swim" on her blog. It's pretty hilarious.
Her promise got me thinking. What would I do if my book got picked up? What crazy promise can I make with the universe?
Here are my ideas so far...
- Put my old show choir dress on and perform "Turn the Beat Around" (yes, I was like the kids on Glee and was in a show choir!)...this one is wrong, so so wrong, but I'd be willing to do it for a book deal!
- Eat the atomic wings at Quaker Steak and Lube
- Hire an ice-cream truck to come to a party for all my friends in celebration
And my cousin's idea:
Promise to sing the Star Spangled Banner at the beginning of something:
- At the front gates right before cedar point opens
- At the beginning of the wedding dress sale at Filenes
- At the local opening of Eclipse, dressed as a vampire
- First game of little league
- Morning opening of downtown crossing t-station in Boston (* Which is doable, because I will be in Boston at the end of June)
This is where I need you to come in and help me. Come up with some more promises for me to make. What would you like to see me do if my book gets sold?
Post your ideas under the comment section until Sunday night at midnight. The winner will get a prize sent to them (it's good, but I can't tell you what it is yet! I'll reveal it Friday morning.).
If I make your promise and my book gets sold, I'll also mention you in my acknowledgement. How cool is that!?!
I'll list all of the ideas Monday and we'll vote on the promise I will make. Then, if my book gets sold, I'll record myself doing it so you can all see my deal with the universe!